- Publish Date
- Tuesday, 31 January 2017, 2:37PM
1. While it may be common knowledge that Rihanna isn't actually her real name, (she was born Robyn Rihanna Fenty), it's not as well known that she still goes by her real first name with family and close friends. “I get kind of numb to hearing Rihanna, Rihanna, Rihanna,” she has told Rolling Stone. “When I hear Robyn, I pay attention."
2. The “Umbrella” singer was once an army cadet in a sub-military program in her native Barbados.
3. At 15, Rihanna won her high school beauty pageant.“I kind of laughed at these stupid pageants,” Rihanna told the Daily Mail in 2007. “But my friends at school dared me to do it, and my military training came in handy for learning to balance books on my head for the catwalk.”
4. Rihanna has a few unorthodox preshow rituals. “My personal assistant-slash-bartender brings me a shot that she dilutes with a little something so it’s not so harsh, like orange juice or soda water and lime,” she's said.“I have to have it. I take it very seriously, so there is a level of anxiety, always. I overthink everything when it comes to my job. The drink calms my nerves. I sip it while I watch the opening act from my dressing room. Sometimes I go out into the audience. I put on a really big hoodie and sneak out there.”
5. Rihanna’s legs are insured for $1 million. “They named me this year’s Celebrity Legs of a Goddess, so along with the title comes an insurance for your legs of a million dollars,” she has told the Guardian. “But I think I’m just normal. I think, ‘Do people really insure their legs for a million dollars?’ If it was my million dollars, I’d probably walk about in pants all day long.”