New Zealand Warriors announce that Keiran Foran is available for the season

Publish Date
Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 3:30PM

Kiwis playmaker Kieran Foran has finally received clearance from the NRL to take the field for the Warriors this season.

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg today announced Foran would soon be able to resume his career - but the 26-year-old wouldn't be able to play until the club's third-round match against the Bulldogs in Dunedin.

Warriors managing director Jim Doyle said Foran had made significant progress since joining the Warriors last year and added the club were continuing to provide internal and external support.

"We are keen to see Kieran back on the field as soon as possible but we have always highlighted that the most important thing is to ensure Kieran is mentally and physically ready for the demands of the NRL," Doyle said.

- Full story at NZ Herald