- Publish Date
- Wednesday, 26 June 2019, 4:21PM
Former Shortland Street actor Robbie Magasiva has unveiled a new tattoo on his upper arm, in honour of his brother, Pua, who passed away earlier this year.
Taking to Instagram, the 48-year-old shared a photo as he was getting the ink done and of the finished tattoo.
Alongside the pictures of the tattoo, which is island flowers with the scripture "miss you poos", Robbie wrote: "Tribute to my beautiful loving brother❤️💔. Thank you @tritoan_7th for your beautiful work. #missyoupoos."
The tattoo artist who applied the ink, Tritoan Ly, also posted on social media saying it was an "honour" to help him commemorate his brother.
Following Pua's death, Robbie posted an emotional message on Instagram saying how much he missed his brother.
Posted on the same day Pua was laid to rest in a private ceremony attended by close friends and family in Wellington, Robbie shared a candid photo of the younger Magasiva, who was 38.
"My heart is broken I miss you so much Pua we all do. Rest now. I love you Pua❤️❤️❤️," he wrote alongside the photo.
• Lifeline: 0800 543 354 (available 24/7)
• Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) (available 24/7)
• Youth services: (06) 3555 906
• Youthline: 0800 376 633
• Kidsline: 0800 543 754 (available 24/7)
• Whatsup: 0800 942 8787 (1pm to 11pm)
• The Word
• Depression helpline: 0800 111 757 (available 24/7)
• Rainbow Youth: (09) 376 4155
• CASPER Suicide Prevention
If it is an emergency and you feel like you or someone else is at risk, call 111.